CAT and Genny virtual trainer led course
Standard course or Train the Trainer option available.
Buried services are a major hazard to construction workers. Any excavations which have been poorly planned could cause cable or pipe damage, leading to expensive repairs or even injury to workers.
The CAT is used to detect these underground services so that they can be avoided. It detects buried live power cables and other metallic pipes by locating their magnetic field, from which the ground can then be marked to show their layout.
For non-powered cables a Generator (Genny) combined with a CAT can be used to find them and estimate depth.
Course is suitable for
Anyone who needs to use a CAT and Genny
Standard course: Half day (approx. 3.5 hours)
Train the Trainer course: Full day (approx. 8 hours)
The course is designed to build understanding of the CAT and Genny tools, their importance, and how to use them safely. The course involves both theory and practical elements, including:
- When and why you need to use a CAT and/or Genny
- What are CAT and Genny's and how to safely use them
- How to start when you don't have any idea where the pipe/cable is located
- Regulations and legislation
- Who can use a CAT and Genny
- Safe systems of work
Additional content if Train the Trainer option selected
- Training guidance and support
- Participant inclusion
- Learning styles
- Telling vs teaching
- Active Learning
What is a virtual course?
Virtual courses run in the same way as our standard trainer led courses but using Microsoft Teams video conferencing software. As with all of our trainer led courses, attendees will receive an engaging training course from a passionate trainer, where all of the relevant knowledge will be imparted, and a certificate on successful completion.
What will your employees receive? Why ABTAC?
Attendees will receive an engaging training course from a passionate trainer, where all of the relevant knowledge will be imparted. A proof of attendance certificate will be provided on successful completion of the validation.
How does a virtual course work?
How to book?
In either order:
1) Purchase this course online
Ahead of the course
Your attendees receive an individual email invite, which includes:
- A link to the Microsoft Teams session
- Course joining instructions
- A troubleshooting guide (we understand that this may be some attendees first experience using video calling
1) Just before the training session your attendees follow the link
2) Your attendees receive an engaging training session by video
3) At the end of the course your attendees are sent a link to the validation theory test
- If your attendee doesn't satisfactorily our trainer will talk through any misunderstandings and then give the attendee an opportunity to take the test again
If the course has a practical element our trainer
- Will contact you and your attendee in advance with any requirements
- At the end of the session, our trainer will set up an individual video call with your attendee
4) On successful completion of the course, we will send certificates by post to a location selected by the course booker