BAF accredited abrasive safety train the trainer virtual course
The Abrasive Wheel ‘Train the Trainer’ course has been developed to provide training to enable instructors provide accurate, up to date abrasive wheel training.
Previous training experience is a benefit, but is not essential. The course content covers both trainer and abrasive training.
The improper use, handling and storage of abrasive products can lead to serious and sometimes fatal accidents. This has been recognised in the UK and is now covered by legislation. This legislation makes it a legal requirement that operators, and those involved in the use of Abrasive Wheels are properly trained.
We provide a tailored TtT training programme, accredited by the BAF (British Abrasives Federation), which will ensure that trainers and their employers meet their legal obligations and equip their participants with the necessary skills and knowledge to safely use Abrasives.
Following successfully completing the training, there is an option to apply to become a BAF accredited trainer.
• Trainer advice & guidance
• Hazards associated with the use of abrasive wheels
• Types and design of wheels (including specification, to avoid incorrect selection)
• Grinding wheel information and safety features
• Inspection, testing and storage (including damaged/faulting wheel checks & ring test)
• Mounting of wheels (including a practical ‘verification of capability’ test, ensuring safe fitting procedures are followed & tool care is adhered)
• Ensuring a safe working environment and PPE
• Safe use of abrasive wheels (including Kick-back)
By attending this course, the participant will:
• Understand the nature of the hazards and identify the causes
• Identify and understand requirements and responsibilities under the current PUWER Regulations
• Understand the characteristics of abrasives and their action
• Understand and interpret the marking system of abrasive wheels
• Recognise the need for careful handling of abrasive wheels and carry out visual checks
• Understand and identify what speeds should be adhered to in wheel selection
• Identify main components and understand their functions
• Use operating precautions and be aware of avoiding hazardous conditions
• Demonstrate their knowledge on abrasive wheels & how to train others
• A virtual trainer led training session
• Help & guidance in creating a training session
• A complete PowerPoint training presentation for you to bespoke
• Participant handouts for future training sessions
• End of course test sheets (written & practical)
Course is suitable for:
Instructors/trainers, engineers, managers, supervisors or team leaders who come into contact with abrasives (i.e. Grinding Wheels, Cutting Discs…), or who are responsible for those who do
What is a virtual course?
Virtual courses run in the same way as our standard trainer led courses but using Microsoft Teams video conferencing software. As with all of our trainer led courses, attendees will receive an engaging training course from a passionate trainer, where all of the relevant knowledge will be imparted, and a certificate on successful completion.
How does a virtual course work?
How to book?
In either order:
1) Purchase this course online
2) Contact us at email@example.com to select a date(s) and time(s)
Ahead of the course
Your attendees receive an individual email invite, which includes:
- A link to the Microsoft Teams session
- Course joining instructions
- A troubleshooting guide (we understand that this may be some attendees first experience using video calling
1) Just before the training session your attendees follow the link
2) Your attendees receive an engaging training session by video
3) At the end of the course your attendees are sent a link to the validation theory test
- If your attendee doesn't satisfactorily our trainer will talk through any misunderstandings and then give the attendee an opportunity to take the test again
If the course has a practical element our trainer:
- Will contact you and your attendee in advance with any requirements
- At the end of the session, our trainer will set up an individual video call with your attendee
4) On successful completion of the course, we will send certificates by post to a location selected by the course booker