PPE awareness virtual trainer led course
Standard course or Train the Trainer option available
PPE is defined as “any equipment (including clothing affording protection against the weather) that is intended to be worn or held by a person at work and which protects them against one or more risks to his health or safety”.
This training includes a number of things that the delegates are likely to already be familiar with, such as safety boots, harnesses and gloves amongst others. With further information on the different types of protection, their functions and limitations.
The aim of this training course is to raise awareness of the key issues and responsibilities employees and employers to ensure the working environment is as safe as possible. Everyone needs to understand the importance of identifying and wearing the relevant PPE required in their workplace.
Course is suitable for
This course is essential for anyone who may work in an environment where a hazard, or hazards, exist.
Standard course: 1/2 day (approx. 3.5 hours)
Train the Trainer course: 1 day (approx. 8 hours)
- Legislative requirements
- Hierarchy of controls
- Administrative and PPE controls
- Resistance to wearing PPE
- Benefits and limitations of wearing PPE
- Information, instruction and training
- User checks and fitting
- Inspection and maintenance
- Storage of PPE
- Typical signs
- Use of PPE
Additional content if Train the Trainer option selected
- Training guidance and support
- Participant inclusion
- Learning styles
- Telling vs teaching
- Active Learning
What will your employees receive? Why ABTAC?
Attendees will receive an engaging training course from a passionate trainer, where all of the relevant knowledge will be imparted. A proof of attendance certificate will be provided on successful completion of the validation.
What is a virtual course?
Virtual courses run in the same way as our standard trainer led courses but using Microsoft Teams video conferencing software. As with all of our trainer led courses, attendees will receive an engaging training course from a passionate trainer, where all of the relevant knowledge will be imparted, and a certificate on successful completion.
How does a virtual course work?
How to book?
In either order:
1) Purchase this course online
Ahead of the course
Your attendees receive an individual email invite, which includes:
- A link to the Microsoft Teams session
- Course joining instructions
- A troubleshooting guide (we understand that this may be some attendees first experience using video calling
1) Just before the training session your attendees follow the link
2) Your attendees receive an engaging training session by video
3) At the end of the course your attendees are sent a link to the validation theory test
- If your attendee doesn't satisfactorily our trainer will talk through any misunderstandings and then give the attendee an opportunity to take the test again
If the course has a practical element our trainer:
- Will contact you and your attendee in advance with any requirements
- At the end of the session, our trainer will set up an individual video call with your attendee
4) On successful completion of the course, we will send certificates by post to a location selected by the course booker