HAVS awareness virtual trainer led course
Standard course or Train the Trainer option available
Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) is the collective term covering a number of potentially serious injuries, of which vibration white finger (VWF) is the most commonly recognised.
There are a number of factors that contribute to the development of HAVS, and steps should be taken to reduce the risk where elimination is not possible. Including ensuring your employees are aware of the risks of HAVS and how they can reduce them.
The course is designed to make attendees aware of HAVS and provide advice on how to reduce the risks involved.
Course is suitable for:
Anyone who is exposed to vibration and anyone who is responsible for them.
Standard course: Half day (approx. 3.5 hours)
Train the Trainer course: Full day (approx. 8 hours)
- What are HAVS?
- The effects of excessive vibration on the body
- The causes of HAVS
- How to reduce the risk
- The combination of the Tool/Consumable and its potential effect on vibration
- Where to find vibration data for tools and machines
- The HSE points system and how to use it
- The Exposure Action Value (EAV)
- The Exposure Limit Value (ELV)
Additional content if Train the Trainer option selecte
- Training guidance and support
- Participant inclusion
- Learning styles
- Telling vs teaching
- Active Learning
What will your employees receive? Why ABTAC?
Attendees will receive an engaging training course from a passionate trainer, where all of the relevant knowledge will be imparted. A proof of attendance certificate will be provided on successful completion of the validation.
What is a virtual course?
Virtual courses run in the same way as our standard trainer led courses but using Microsoft Teams video conferencing software. As with all of our trainer led courses, attendees will receive an engaging training course from a passionate trainer, where all of the relevant knowledge will be imparted, and a certificate on successful completion.
How does a virtual course work?
How to book?
In either order:
1) Purchase this course online
Ahead of the course
Your attendees receive an individual email invite, which include:
- A link to the Microsoft Teams session
- Course joining instructions
- A troubleshooting guide (we understand that this may be some attendees first experience using video calling
1) Just before the training session your attendees follow the link
2) Your attendees receive an engaging training session by video
3) At the end of the course your attendees are sent a link to the validation theory test
- If your attendee doesn't satisfactorily our trainer will talk through any misunderstandings and then give the attendee an opportunity to take the test again
If the course has a practical element our trainer:
- Will contact you and your attendee in advance with any requirements
- At the end of the session, our trainer will set up an individual video call with your attendee
4) On successful completion of the course, we will send certificates by post to a location selected by the course booker