Face fit tester virtual trainer led course
Standard course or Train the Trainer option available
Tight fitting Respiratory Protection Equipment (RPE) needs to fit the wearers face to be effective. As everyone’s faces are different (and change over time) it is unlikely that one single type or size of RPE will protect all wearers. Therefore fit testing is required to ensure that the supplied RPE is suitable and effective for the wearer.
Face fit tester training enables attendees employees to perform Face fit Qualitative (QLT) testing.
Course is suitable for
Anyone who intends to perform Face fit Qualitative (QLT) testing.
Standard course: Half day (approx. 3.5 hours)
Train the Trainer course: Full day (approx. 8 hours)
As well as training you how to perform the Face fit testing, we also give background information as to why its important to provide the training. The course includes:
- What is face fit testing and what is the purpose of it?
- Who should and shouldn't receive face fit testing
- What kit do you need and how you use it
- What forms you need to complete, and how to complete them
- How to perform face fit testing (includes both a trainer lead and practical session).
- Validation consists of a theory and practical test.
Additional content if Train the Trainer option selected
Training guidance and support
Telling vs teaching
What is a virtual course?
Virtual courses run in the same way as our standard trainer led courses but using Microsoft Teams video conferencing software. As with all of our trainer led courses, attendees will receive an engaging training course from a passionate trainer, where all of the relevant knowledge will be imparted, and a certificate on successful completion.
How does a virtual course work?
How to book?
In either order:
1) Purchase this course online
Ahead of the course
Your attendees receive an individual email invite, which includes:
- A link to the Microsoft Teams session
- Course joining instructions
- A troubleshooting guide (we understand that this may be some attendees first experience using video calling
1) Just before the training session your attendees follow the link
2) Your attendees receive an engaging training session by video
3) At the end of the course your attendees are sent a link to the validation theory test
- If your attendee doesn't satisfactorily our trainer will talk through any misunderstandings and then give the attendee an opportunity to take the test again
If the course has a practical element our trainer:
- Will contact you and your attendee in advance with any requirements
- At the end of the session, our trainer will set up an individual video call with your attendee
4) On successful completion of the course, we will send certificates by post to a location selected by the course booker