Manual handling awareness virtual trainer led course
Standard course or Train the Trainer option available
Almost 40% of reported industrial injuries involve manual handling. Intrinsically workplaces involve a considerable amount of lifting and moving.
The Manual Operations Regulations 1992 require employers to avoid the necessity of employees having to undertake manual handling work. Where this is not possible a suitable and sufficient risk assessment must be made and suitable steps taken to reduce the risk of injury.
Course is suitable for
Manual handling awareness training should be provided to anyone who may be involved in their day to day work (from picking and packing in a warehouse, or handling products in a factory, to carrying everyday objects in an office. That's pretty much everyone of your employees- including yourself.
Standard course: Half day (approx. 3.5 hours)
Train the Trainer course: Full day (approx. 8 hours)
The course is designed to raise awareness of the Manual Handling Regulations and promote good practice in the workplace. It includes:
- The real costs of Manual Handling injuries
- How manual handling can cause injuries (risk factors)
- Causes of back pain
- The spine, its structure and function
- Understanding good handling techniques
- Pushing and pulling, team handling, lifting lowering and carrying
- Practical element- the safe lifting method 'Verification of competence'
- Awareness of risk assessments (TILE)
- How to plan your lift (FLUENCY)
- The principles for controlling manual handling risk and applying these to a practical situation.
Additional content if Train the Trainer option selected
- Training guidance and support
- Participant inclusion
- Learning styles
- Telling vs teaching
- Active Learning
What will your employees receive? Why ABTAC?
Attendees will receive an engaging training course from a passionate trainer, where all of the relevant knowledge will be imparted. A proof of attendance certificate will be provided on successful completion of the validation.
What is a virtual course?
Virtual courses run in the same way as our standard trainer led courses but using Microsoft Teams video conferencing software. As with all of our trainer led courses, attendees will receive an engaging training course from a passionate trainer, where all of the relevant knowledge will be imparted, and a certificate on successful completion.
How does a virtual course work?
How to book?
In either order:
1) Purchase this course online
Ahead of the course
Your attendees receive an individual email invite, which includes:
- A link to the Microsoft Teams session
- Course joining instructions
- A troubleshooting guide (we understand that this may be some attendees first experience using video calling
1) Just before the training session your attendees follow the link
2) Your attendees receive an engaging training session by video
3) At the end of the course your attendees are sent a link to the validation theory test
- If your attendee doesn't satisfactorily our trainer will talk through any misunderstandings and then give the attendee an opportunity to take the test again
If the course has a practical element our trainer
- Will contact you and your attendee in advance with any requirements
- At the end of the session, our trainer will set up an individual video call with your attendee
4) On successful completion of the course, we will send certificates by post to a location selected by the course booker