Working at height awareness virtual training led course
Standard course or Train the Trainer option available.
The Work at Height Regulations (2005) are very important, falls from a height account for more deaths every year in the workplace than any other single issue. Safe working at height training is an essential for anyone where there may be a risk of harm or injury from a fall. The covers essential information on managing and carrying out work at height, including the selection of appropriate access equipment, the hierarchy of risk controls, identification of danger areas and rescue requirements.
The course will identify the relevance and implications of the Work at Height Regulations 2005 so that the individual can comply with their duties, whether planning, controlling or conducting work tasks at height.
This training session is intended as the basic foundation for working safely at height. Course delegates will be provided with the basic information required of anyone tasked with or affected by work at height to ensure safety in the workplace.
It does not cover any specific skills required to carry out a work task or to use specialist height safety equipment; these skills are dealt with by other training sessions. However, candidates will gain a thorough knowledge of all possible methods of controlling the potential fall from height.
The course is normally conducted by the use of visual presentation, theoretical illustrations, practical demonstrations and/or participation.
Course is suitable for
Anyone who works at height or is responsible for someone who does
Standard course: Half day (approx. 3.5 hours)
Train the Trainer course: Full day (approx. 8 hours)
- Legal requirements when carrying out work at height
- Planning work at height
- Selection of appropriate equipment
- Equipment inspections and reporting
- Safety control measures
- Common fall causes and preventative measures
- Engaging in course leaning check points
- End of course assessment
Additional content if Train the Trainer option selected
- Training guidance and support
- Participant inclusion
- Learning styles
- Telling vs teaching
- Active Learning
What is a virtual course?
Virtual courses run in the same way as our standard trainer led courses but using Microsoft Teams video conferencing software. As with all of our trainer led courses, attendees will receive an engaging training course from a passionate trainer, where all of the relevant knowledge will be imparted, and a certificate on successful completion.
What will your employees receive? Why ABTAC?
Attendees will receive an engaging training course from a passionate trainer, where all of the relevant knowledge will be imparted. A proof of attendance certificate will be provided on successful completion of the validation.
How does a virtual course work?
How to book?
In either order:
1) Purchase this course online
Ahead of the course
Your attendees receive an individual email invite, which includes:
- A link to the Microsoft Teams session
- Course joining instructions
- A troubleshooting guide (we understand that this may be some attendees first experience using video calling
1) Just before the training session your attendees follow the link
2) Your attendees receive an engaging training session by video
3) At the end of the course your attendees are sent a link to the validation theory test
- If your attendee doesn't satisfactorily our trainer will talk through any misunderstandings and then give the attendee an opportunity to take the test again
If the course has a practical element our trainer:
- Will contact you and your attendee in advance with any requirements
- At the end of the session, our trainer will set up an individual video call with your attendee
4) On successful completion of the course, we will send certificates by post to a location selected by the course booker