Asbestos awareness virtual trainer led course
Standard course or Train the Trainer option available
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 requires every employer to ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to their employees who are, or could be liable to be exposed to asbestos, or who supervise such employees.
In particular, it should be given to those workers in the refurbishment, maintenance and allied trades where it is foreseeable that asbestos containing materials (ACMs) may become exposed during their work.
Asbestos still kills thousands of workers in the UK each year. When materials that contain asbestos are disturbed or damaged, fibres are released into the air. If these fibres are inhaled they can cause serious diseases. These diseases will not affect the worker immediately; they often take many years to develop, but once diagnosed, it is often too late to do anything.
There are three primary diseases associated with asbestos exposure:
- Lung Cancer
Course is suitable for
Anyone who may come across Asbestos in their working day or is responsible for someone who may do. It is not suitable those responsible for handling or disposal of Asbestos.
Standard course: Half day (approx. 3.5 hours)
Train the Trainer course: Full day (approx. 8 hours)
- Outline the different types and properties of asbestos
- Risks to and effects of health caused by exposure to asbestos and the increased risks from smoking
- Explain where asbestos can typically be found within buildings
- Outline the main reasons why asbestos was used: - coatings, insulation, asbestos insulting board, cement and other ACMs
- Avoiding the risks from asbestos and demonstrate an awareness of how they would find information about the presence of asbestos before starting work
- General emergency arrangements if asbestos is discovered
- Understanding the legislation relating to asbestos
Additional content if Train the Trainer option selected
- Training guidance and support
- Participant inclusion
- Learning styles
- Telling vs teaching
- Active Learning
What will your employees receive? Why ABTAC?
Attendees will receive an engaging training course from a passionate trainer, where all of the relevant knowledge will be imparted. A proof of attendance certificate will be provided on successful completion of the validation.
What is a virtual course?
Virtual courses run in the same way as our standard trainer led courses but using Microsoft Teams video conferencing software. As with all of our trainer led courses, attendees will receive an engaging training course from a passionate trainer, where all of the relevant knowledge will be imparted, and a certificate on successful completion.
How does a virtual course work?
How to book?
In either order:
1) Purchase this course online
Ahead of the course
Your attendees receive an individual email invite, which includes:
- A link to the Microsoft Teams session
- Course joining instructions
- A troubleshooting guide (we understand that this may be some attendees first experience using video calling
1) Just before the training session your attendees follow the link
2) Your attendees receive an engaging training session by video
3) At the end of the course your attendees are sent a link to the validation theory test
- If your attendee doesn't satisfactorily our trainer will talk through any misunderstandings and then give the attendee an opportunity to take the test again
If the course has a practical element our trainer:
- Will contact you and your attendee in advance with any requirements
- At the end of the session, our trainer will set up an individual video call with your attendee
4) On successful completion of the course, we will send certificates by post to a location selected by the course booker