Workshop safety virtual trainer led course
Standard course or Train the Trainer option available.
Workshop safety training is essential to ensure that best practices are followed and workers and visitors remain safe.
As workshops tend to be very different from each other, each with different hazards, this course focusses on general safety awareness, safe working habits and safe operating procedures.
This course provides a health and safety overview for anyone working in a workshop.
Course is suitable for
Anyone who uses powered hand tools in their work role.
Standard course: Half day (approx. 3.5 hours)
Train the Trainer course: Full day (approx. 8 hours)
By attending the course, the participant will:
- Be able to comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Contribute towards a safer workplace
- Understand the nature of the hazards and identify the causes
- Use operating precautions and be aware of avoiding hazardous conditions
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, PUWER 1998 and other relevant legislation
- Hazards that may be found in a workshop, such as dangerous equipment and hazardous substances
- Dynamic risk assessments
- Ensuring a safe working environment
- Machine guarding
- Machine fixturing
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Potential Hazards i.e. entanglement
- Pre-operational checks
- Fire prevention awareness
Additional content if Train the Trainer option selected
- Training guidance and support
- Participant inclusion
- Learning styles
- Telling vs teaching
- Active Learning
What will your employees receive? Why ABTAC?
Attendees will receive an engaging training course from a passionate trainer, where all of the relevant knowledge will be imparted. A proof of attendance certificate will be provided on successful completion of the validation.
What is a virtual course?
Virtual courses run in the same way as our standard trainer led courses but using Microsoft Teams video conferencing software. As with all of our trainer led courses, attendees will receive an engaging training course from a passionate trainer, where all of the relevant knowledge will be imparted, and a certificate on successful completion.
How does a virtual course work?
How to book?
In either order:
1) Purchase this course online
Ahead of the course
Your attendees receive an individual email invite, which includes:
- A link to the Microsoft Teams session
- Course joining instructions
- A troubleshooting guide (we understand that this may be some attendees first experience using video calling
1) Just before the training session your attendees follow the link
2) Your attendees receive an engaging training session by video
3) At the end of the course your attendees are sent a link to the validation theory tes
- If your attendee doesn't satisfactorily our trainer will talk through any misunderstandings and then give the attendee an opportunity to take the test again
If the course has a practical element our trainer:
- Will contact you and your attendee in advance with any requirements
- At the end of the session, our trainer will set up an individual video call with your attendee
4) On successful completion of the course, we will send certificates by post to a location selected by the course booker