As with all ABTAC abrasive safety training courses are accredited by the British Abrasive Federation (BAF), all successful candidates will receive a BAF accredited certificate and their details placed on the BAF national register (after the completion of a validation consisting of a theory test and a practical observation).
The course is designed to raise awareness of the dangers of using abrasives and promote good practice in the workplace. It includes:
- A comprehensive set of BAF approved course notes for each trainee.
- Hazards associated with the use of abrasive wheels
- Types and design of wheels (including specification, to avoid incorrect selection)
- Inspection, testing and storage (including damaged/fault wheel checks and ring test)
- Mounting of wheels (including a practical 'verification of competence' test, ensuring safe mounting procedures are followed and tool care is adhered)
- Ensuring a safe working environment
- Safe use of abrasive wheels
- A test at the end of the course to ensure the participant has understood the content.