ABTAC are pleased to announce four new abrasive safety training open courses in Leicester (East Midlands/Blaby) on Monday 27th July, Monday 7th September, 5th October, 9th November.
As with all ABTAC abrasive safety training courses are accredited by the British Abrasive Federation (BAF), all successful candidates will receive a BAF accredited certificate and their details placed on the BAF national register (after the completion of a validation consisting of a theory test and a practical observation).
The course is designed to raise awareness of the dangers of using abrasives and promote good practice in the workplace. It includes:
- A comprehensive set of BAF approved course notes for each trainee.
- Hazards associated with the use of abrasive wheels
- Types and design of wheels (including specification, to avoid incorrect selection)
- Inspection, testing and storage (including damaged/fault wheel checks and ring test)
- Mounting of wheels (including a practical 'verification of competence' test, ensuring safe mounting procedures are followed and tool care is adhered)
- Ensuring a safe working environment
- Safe use of abrasive wheels
- A test at the end of the course to ensure the participant has understood the content.