The Manual handling 'Train the Trainer' course has been developed by ABTAC to provide training to in-house trainers to enable them to provide accurate, up to date Manual handling training to their staff and for training companies who wish to increase the courses they offer.
Why should your employees take this course?
Manual handling awareness training should be provided to anyone who may be involved in their day to day work (from picking and packing in a warehouse, or handling products in a factory, to carrying everyday objects in an office. That's pretty much everyone of your employees- including yourself.
Depending on the number of employees you have it can sometimes be more cost and time effective for some of your employees to attend the train the trainer course, and then impart their knowledge to everyone else.
The course can be adapted to suit: Supervisors, Managers, and company trainers (Previous training experience is a benefit, but not essential. This course covers both trainer and abrasive training). There is no pre-course work and no previous qualifications are required.
What does the course include?
- Participant inclusion
- How to avoid 'death by PowerPoint'
- Learning styles
- Telling vs teaching
- Active Learning
- Training guidance and support
- The real costs of Manual Handling injuries
- How manual handling can cause injuries (risk factors)
- Causes of back pain
- The spine, its structure and function
- Understanding good handling techniques
- Pushing and pulling, team handling, lifting lowering and carrying
- Practical element- the safe lifting method 'Verification of competence'
- Awareness of risk assessments (TILE)
- How to plan your lift (FLUENCY)
- The principles for controlling manual handling risk and applying these to a practical situation.